Have you looked at the ingredients for store bought flavored coffee creamers? They’re full of additives, preservatives, and most of them I can’t even pronounce! My creamer is based on 3 simple whole ingredients! The rest is completely up to YOU! By adding your choice of pure extracts you can personalize your own coffee creamer.
- 3 Cups Organic Half & Half
- 2/3 Cup of Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Pure Vanilla Extract
You will need a 1 Quart Mason Jar and Lid/Band.
Add sugar and 1 cup of Half & Half to a sauce pan over medium heat and stir until Sugar is dissolved. Be careful not to curdle the milk!
[If I’m in a hurry I will put the Sugar and Half & Half mixture in the 1 quart Mason Jar and microwave for about 45 seconds, remove and stir until the Sugar is dissolved.]
Once sugar is dissolved, pour into 1 quart Mason Jar, add remaining 2 cups of Half & Half and Vanilla. Stir and serve. Store in refrigerator.
The best part is once you have this basic recipe you can completely personalize your coffee creamer!
- Adding more or less Sugar & Vanilla
- Experimenting with different flavors or extracts
- Experimenting with different sweeteners (birch or maple syrup?)
- Using Whole or Low Fat Milks (I’ve tried almond milk and it gets a burnt flavor)
- I will also grind a chunk of cinnamon stick with my coffee bean for a holiday flare (a dash of ground cinnamon in your coffee grounds will also give the safe effect).
In the comments below, please let us know how you’ve personalized your coffee creamer!